Recipe by Pom Pom
Weight-watchers friendly and super easy to make! Works well with portabello, shitake and porcini. Oyster mushrooms, however, do not work well. Garlic, cumin, turmeric and black pepper are all optional.
Top Review by mkwalker73
I thought it was a great recipe! I used baby bella mushrooms, and I thought it was fine. I think next time I will try another type of mushroom, just to play around with the flavor. The whole family loved it, so it's a keeper!
- 300 g ground chicken (extra lean)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 (6 ounce) box prepared stuffing (Stove-top chicken flavoured)
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 cup chicken broth (e.g. Campbell's)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat cream of mushroom soup (or Campbell's cream of mushroom cooking sauce)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1 pinch black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Microwave chicken broth on high for 1 minute.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT cream of mushroom soup/sauce in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Place mixture into baking dish and bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spread mushroom soup on top of loaf and bake at 350 for another 10 minutes or until a golden "soup crust" forms.
- Note: If you prefer to use dried mushrooms, soak the dried mushrooms in the warmed broth before chopping and adding to mixture. Be sure to remove any grit that is released into the broth from the dried mushrooms.