Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is a super easy recipe for granola, tweaked from a combo of other recipe's i've found. No pre-cooking required, just mix together and bake. This recipe is so versatile, try adding dried cranberries raisins or blueberries after it's cooked. Try using walnuts, maple flavouring and maple syrup mmmmmm. Don't leave out the coconut, it's the secret ingredient and isn't a noticeable taste!
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar (or golden)
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix next 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread evenly onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, mixing after 20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely, do not stir while cooling if you like bigger clusters.
- Note: it will be soft until it cools.
- Store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.