Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I received this recipe from Menus4Moms.com and it intrigued me.
Make and share this Super Easy Hash Browns Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- bacon bits (optional)
- Saute onion in butter or oil until transparent.
- Add broth, bring to boil.
- Add hash browns, bring to boil.
- Add soups (don't dilute) and milk, bring to boil.
- Add Cheese and Heat until cheese melts. Optional, serve with bacon bits on top.
This was really good and super easy. The only thing I did different was sub cream of mushroom soup for cream of chicken and add a little cajun seasoning. I also just threw everthing in the pot after saute the onions except the cheese I added that and stirred till it melted. Great lunch on a cold day.
It was awesome! My family loved it!
This is my son's FAVORITE soup and very easy to make. It can be adapted and made in the crock pot too -- just saute the onions then throw everything else except the cheese in the pot on high for 4 hours, stir in grated cheese and cook 30 minutes longer to melt. I add 1/4 tsp of white pepper for a little kick. I also have subbed water for the milk with no noticeable change in taste.