Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I received this recipe from Menus4Moms.com and it intrigued me.
Make and share this Super Easy Hash Browns Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- bacon bits (optional)
- Saute onion in butter or oil until transparent.
- Add broth, bring to boil.
- Add hash browns, bring to boil.
- Add soups (don't dilute) and milk, bring to boil.
- Add Cheese and Heat until cheese melts. Optional, serve with bacon bits on top.
This was really good and super easy. The only thing I did different was sub cream of mushroom soup for cream of chicken and add a little cajun seasoning. I also just threw everthing in the pot after saute the onions except the cheese I added that and stirred till it melted. Great lunch on a cold day.
Easy and yummy! Going to enjoy it tonight watching the NY Giants ! Added a little salt and pepper and sprinkled with croutons !
It was awesome! My family loved it!