Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I wanted to do a hamburger stroganoff in the slow cooker without having to brown the hamburger first. I decided to just go for it, and wow! My whole family was really pleased with the results. I cook almost exclusively with organic ingredients, whether or not you choose to do so is strictly a matter of personal preference. Be sure to use lean ground beef, not chuck, since you will not be draining the fat.
- Break up the ground beef into a large crock pot.
- Add the soup, broth, onion and salt and pepper.
- Cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Stir occasionally and continue to break up any large chunks of ground beef. We like to use a potato masher to do this.
- After 4 hours, add the mushrooms and using a soup ladle, take out 1 cup of the liquid.
- Whisk the flour into the reserved liquid (careful, it's hot!) and stir back into the beef mixture.
- Cook on low for one more hour.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package instructions.
- When ready to serve, add the sour cream and mix well.
- Serve over noodles and enjoy!