Recipe by s. anne
From Vegetarian Times. 126 calories, 0.5g fat.
Top Review by White Rose Child
I'm not a big fan of green tea by itself, so here's a great way to use up all those green tea bags! I loved both the "zingy" taste and light consistency. I didn't add any sweetener, so the ginger was prominent, but a less-sweet drink was just what I needed this morning. Thanks for posting!
- 1 green tea bag (or 1 tsp. green tea powder)
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 small ripe mashed banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- honey or sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brew green tea in water. Steep to desired strength, and discard tea bag. Refridgerate 30 minutes, or until cool.
- Puree tea, banana, ice, orange juice concentrate, and ginger in blender until smooth. Add sweetener. Drink immediately, or place in freezer for up to two hours, or until ready to serve.