Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Vegetarian Times. 126 calories, 0.5g fat.
- 1 green tea bag (or 1 tsp. green tea powder)
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 small ripe mashed banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- honey or sugar
- Brew green tea in water. Steep to desired strength, and discard tea bag. Refridgerate 30 minutes, or until cool.
- Puree tea, banana, ice, orange juice concentrate, and ginger in blender until smooth. Add sweetener. Drink immediately, or place in freezer for up to two hours, or until ready to serve.
I'm not a big fan of green tea by itself, so here's a great way to use up all those green tea bags! I loved both the "zingy" taste and light consistency. I didn't add any sweetener, so the ginger was prominent, but a less-sweet drink was just what I needed this morning. Thanks for posting!
I"m quite surprised as to how great tasting this is. I was optimistic at best because of the combination of ingredients I wasn't sure went together. I could understand the banana and o.j., but then with the added green tea?? Well, it turned out fantastic. All flavors come thru wonderfully. I chopped up some candied ginger as I didn't have fresh. And, I used 1 packet of splenda for sweetner. I'm not sure I would have needed that with the sweetness of the banana. Very very good and so glad I tagged you for my adoptee in Fall 08' PAC.