OK, your family wants warm caramel rolls and you don't have time to let yeast rolls rise or you forgot to thaw out the frozen bread loaves the night before, well, don't fear! Here is an easy, last minute, caramel roll recipe that makes a great morning treat for breakfast or brunch. We really like it for Christmas or Easter mornings or when we have unexpected company.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a buttered 9x13 baking dish, sprinkle the pecans. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the pecans. Pour whipping cream over the brown sugar.
- Cut each of the biscuits into quarters. Place each biscuit quarter into the pan on top of the brown sugar/cream mixture and press down lightly.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately (and carefully) turn onto a large serving plate or platter and serve.
- Note: I have also used the Country Style or Grands Flaky Layers biscuits successfully in this recipe.