Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I served this at a dinner party recently and people freaked out (even the ones who don't even know what the heck gluten is). Let me know what you think.
- 4 chicken quarters (or any other cut up chicken)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup Chex cereal (Rice or Corn)
- Quantities are approximate, adjust accordingly. Rinse chicken and place in single layer in shallow pan. Coat with light layer of mayo. Sprinkle cayenne pepper (it's VERY strong, so don't use too much) over the mayo. Spice Variations: sprinkle garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, or paprika, etc.
- Crush Chex cereal (either in a ziploc bag, a bowl, or in your hand) and spread over the chicken, be sure to cover most of the mayo.
- Bake at 350 degrees until done, about 1-1.5 hours.