Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the quick and easy way that I make General Tso's chicken when we want Chinese food. It's lower in fat than the deep-fried chicken version that Chinese restaurants serve. I'm sure others do it this same way, and I hesitated about posting such a simple "recipe", but I'm posting it here so that I can see the nutritional information.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen stir fry vegetables (OR any combo of fresh peppers, onions, broccoli, etc- diced)
- 1 (15 ounce) bottle stir-fry sauce (General Tso's sauce- I prefer the "Iron Chef" brand)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooked rice
- Cube chicken and brown in oil in a large skillet.
- After chicken is done, add vegetables and stir-fry until crisp tender.
- Pour in sauce and simmer until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
A great recipe made with ingredients for the person on the go. Just what I was looking for. Thanks for this yummy recipe!!
Not really a recipe since it requires a pre-made sauce. Tasty none-the-less.
Super easy, great tasting. I didn't have general tso sauce, so I used sesame ginger... too much sauce for my taste, next time i won't put so much in.