1/3 Photos of Super-Easy Fried Ham Steak With Cranberry Mustard Sauce
This makes a delicious and super-quick meal that can be made in less than 10 minutes! I just purchase the single vacuum-packed sliced ham steaks for this. This recipe can easily be doubled --- please make certain to use a good-quality mustard powder as it will make a different to the recipe.
My Private Note
ham ste ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ham steaks (about 1/2-inch thick)
- black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallot (can use minced yellow onions in place of shallots)
- 4 teaspoons mustard powder (can use a little more)
- 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce (can use a couple tablespoons more of cranberry sauce)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- 1Sprinkle the ham steaks with black pepper.
- 2Melt about 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add in ham and saute until brown on the edges (about 2 minutes per side).
- 4Transfer to plates and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 5Reduce heat slightly and add in remaining 2 tablespoon butter to the skillet.
- 6Add in shallots and mustard powder; stir until the shallots begin to soften (about 2-3 minutes).
- 7Add/mix in the whole-berry cranberry sauce, water and red wine vinegar; stir with a wooden spoon until sauce thickens (about 1 minute).
- 8Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Spoon the sauce over ham and serve.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super-Easy Fried Ham Steak With Cranberry Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.5
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 186.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: