Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderfully simple corn salad. Great for picnics or cookouts (we had this for Memorial Day this year!) It's a great way to show off all the wonderful fresh corn and basil from the Farmer's Market in the summertime!
- Cook the ears of corn for about 5-7 minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Drain and place into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- When corn is cooled, cut kernels off of the cob.
- Mix corn in a large bowl with red onions, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Toss in fresh basil ribbons right before serving.
- I usually taste to see if more salt and pepper is needed.
- Can be served cold or at room temperature.