1/2 Photos of Super Easy, Fat-Free Grilled Corn-In-The-Husk
I was looking for a recipe that did not require soaking the husks prior to grilling. This is a variation on the method I found on Simply Recipes website. Husks are placed directly on a screaming hot grill without the need to soak beforehand in water. The husk essentially steams the corn in its own moisture, resulting in crisp, smoky kernels with a natural corn flavor. This method will work best if you cook the corn as soon as possible after buying, preferably without refrigerating. If the corn has been refrigerated, allow it to come to room temperature before grilling. For those who prefer spicy flavors, add 1/4 tsp. chili powder and cayenne to the salt and pepper mixture before rubbing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare grill with direct, high heat, about 550°F.
- 2Remove just the visible silks from the tips of the corn. If the husk has several thick layers, peel a few layers off, leaving a few layers of husk covering the corn.
- 3Place the corn husks on the hot grill. Cover.
- 4Turn the corn occasionally, until the husks are charred on all sides, about 15 to 20 minutes. (Approximately 5 minutes on each side.).
- 5Remove corn from the grill. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 6Using a hand towel, remove the silks and charred husks from the corn.
- 7Cover stem of corn with a piece of aluminum foil, making a handle for the corn.
- 8Squeeze lemon lemon wedge over the hot corn.
- 9Mix salt and pepper in a small bowl. Dip lemon wedge into spice mix and rub into corn.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy, Fat-Free Grilled Corn-In-The-Husk
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g