Recipe by Spit In Soup
This stuff is amazingly good and inexpensive - with none of the hassle (grinding nuts? Who has time?) of making mole from scratch. This is a good sauce - slightly sweet, not bitter. Buy the jarred mole and mexican hot chocolate in the international food aisle of your grocery store.
- 3⁄4 cup prepared mole, sauce (I prefer Dona Maria brand)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 ounces ibarra brand mexican hot cocoa
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a pam coated skillet on medium heat. Add mole sauce and whisk as it browns lightly.
- Add tomato paste and whisk while adding stock just until gravy consistency.
- Add peanut butter and brown sugar (add more by the t until desired sweetness), stirring constantly.
- Add cinnamon stick and simmer sauce for 1 1/2 hrs to thicken.
- Add chocolate, let melt and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked boneless, skinless chicken meat in sauce till hot thru. Serve with soft tortillas, corn or flour.