Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so easy and delicious. I am known for this dish at potlucks. This salad is very pretty as the three diffent colors sparkle in the dressing. I would describe it as 'sweet & sour.' You can use dark balsamic but it darkens the appearance of the salad. I also prefer to use canola oil and 'cut' beans. Once I didn't have the wax beans on hand so I used 1/2 can whole kernel corn. Worked great!
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can yellow wax beans
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup onion (minced)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar (white)
- 1 cup salad oil
- Drain beans, mix and toss well.
- Combine onion, oil, sugar and vinigar. Mix well and pour over beans. Let sit in fridge overnight. Stir before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.