Recipe by Weeezer0421
This is how my husband's grandma made donuts for them on weekends. We just got the recipe from an Aunt over the weekend and made them this afternoon. Talk about super easy and very yummy with very few ingredients, try them you'll be amazed!
- 1 (16 ounce) boxpillsbury hot roll mix
- 3 -4 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the hot roll mix according to directions on back of the box.
- Cover and let rise in warm 80-85 degree area for 30-35 minutes.
- Punch dough down.
- Heat about 2 to 2 1/2 inches of oil in a large sauce pot.
- Pinch off pieces of the dough and stretch out a little bit, poking holes into the dough 2-3 holes for each piece of dough.
- Fry in hot oil until nice and brown on one side flip over to brown on other side.
- Remove from oil and dust with powdered sugar, or whatever favorite frosting etc. and enjoy.