Prep 8 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Easy and SO good!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (with juice)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kernel corn (with juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 -2 cup water
- brown beef and onions in skillet. drain. combine all ingredients in crockpot. cook on low for 4-6 hours. Ladle into bowls. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, chips and avacado.
This was pretty good in my opinion. However, my husband didn't like it too much, so I will not be making it again.
I had to make some substitutions to use what I had available: I used two cans plain diced tomatoes + one 4oz can green chilis since I didn't have any Rotel, and I left out the beans since I didn't have any (and my family really doesn't care for them anyway). This was very quick to put together (I had pre-browned ground beef in the freezer) and made a nice meal on a cold day along with Cornbread.
This was terrific. I used Rotel tomatoes since it's what I had on hand. I topped with sour cream, extra sharp white cheddar and tostitoes. I think this was even better the next day!