Recipe by Carolyn R.
This is a fun twist on boxed rice, and you probably have all of these ingredients in your kitchen already!
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box chicken rice-a-roni (can use a large box for more coconut flavor)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 scallions, chopped fine (green onion)
- 4 ounces mild diced green chilies (drained)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the rice/vermicelli per the package directions in the butter.
- Add coconut milk and enough water to make up for liquid called for in package directions (depends on size of box you used).
- Add the flavor packet, garlic clove and one of the scallions. Add one or more of the optional additions now if you want.
- Microwave or skillet cook per package directions. Garnish with remaining scallion.