Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A different version of coconut rice using the basic white long grain variety.
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra light olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Rinse rice until water runs clear.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray.
- Place olive oil in deep nonstick pan and heat over high.
- Saute rice, moving constantly, until rice is lightly toasted.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Add salt, pepper, tumeric, lemon rind,coconut milk and chicken broth.
- Cover tightly and bring to a boil- DO NOT OPEN COVER.
- Turn heat to lowest level and let cook until all water is absorbed ( 20-30 minutes)- DO NOT OPEN COVER.
- Turn off heat and let sit another 20 minutes before serving- DO NOT PN COVER.