Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of those things that turn out wonderfully with little effort. GREAT for weeknight desserts or when you need something nice and don't have much time to make it in! Posting so we have access to the shopping list!
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts (although the non baked graham cracker crust can be used too!)
- 1 (5 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix or 1 (5 ounce) package instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- In a large bowl mix pudding and milk until pudding becomes thick (usually about 2 minutes).
- Fold in 4 oz (1/2) of the Cool-Whip.
- Fold in 1 cup of coconut.
- Spread mix into bottom of pie crust.
- Spread remaining Cool-Whip on top.
- Sprinkle with left-over coconut.
- Serve cooled (about one hour in the fridge).
- Keep refrigerated.
I made this recipe for a dinner I catered and the two ladies I cooked for loved it! I followed the recipe exactly using the coconut flavored pudding mix and a frozen pie crust. I also toasted the coconut before I put it on top of the pie, I thought the light brown of the toasted coconut looked nice on top of it. I will definitely be making this again. Thank you for posting!
this is super-easy and super delicious
Made two of these for our Valentine's Day dinner at church and they were a hit! I made one with a regular pie crust and the other one with recipe #32514. DH said I could make this again anytime. Thanks for posting this Mrs. Lump!