Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ohhhh Yummm - nothing beats a cobb salad to me so this sandwich is a real treat. This recipe uses sliced breast of chicken or turkey cold cuts from the deli-counter, however, you could omit this if you like just the salad portion. I also use Italian soft sliced sandwich bread from the bakery but you could use any bread or rolls you like. I also say super easy in the title as I buy the pre-cooked ready bacon that I just heat in microwave & try to keep at least 2 hard boiled eggs on hand in advance - now I see you can buy them pre-made in the grocery store. Onion and salt/pepper & other ingredients are optional to taste.
- 2 slices italian sliced sandwich bread
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 -4 slices chicken breasts (or turkey breast)
- 3 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 1⁄2 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 1⁄4 fresh avocado, sliced
- 1⁄3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup romaine lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 slices yellow American cheese
- Prepare mayonnaise onto both slices of bread.
- On 1st slice of bread layer lettuce 1st, cold cuts next, followed by bacon, egg, tomato, avocado, and cheese.
- Top with 2nd slice of bread & enjoy!