Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this on childrensrecipes.com. I was looking for an easy mix to use instead of William and Sonomas chocolate pancake waffle mix, and plan to try this one instead. My family loves these with icecream, or plain. I intend to use a dark cocoa.
- 2 cups complete pancake and waffle mix
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine pancake mix, cocoa and sugar in large bowl. Stir in water with wire whisk until large lumps disappear. Add walnuts and chocolate chips, stir until evenly mixed. Let batter rest for five minutes. Cook according to package directions.
Very Very Good!
Loved these pancakes. I really liked the addition of the walnuts and chocolate chips, made a rich and yummy breakfast. Made for Fall 2009 My 3 Chefs.