Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A chocolate chip cookie sandwich with any flavour icing that you prefer as the center. My boyfriend adores this recipe, I made it all the time for him. It's a hit around here.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate chips
- chocolate icing or vanilla icing
- Cream together brown sugar and butter.
- Add white sugar, and continue to cream.
- Add egg, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Add baking soda and flour.
- Add the chocolate chips. Mix altogether.
- Separate the batter in half, put both halves in a small baking pan (make sure the entire bottom is covered).
- Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes, or until gold brown all over.
- Once cooled, spread icing on the top of ONE baked cookie.
- Put the other baked cookie on top of the icing (creating the "sandwich").
- Cut into squares.
Omg, I loved this recipe. My sister made it for out Canadian Thanksgiving: so good! I am planning to make this for an upcomign school bakesale. Thank you so much for this recipe!