Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from Alvii. Add different veggies to this if you like. I like to add a little bit of hot pepper flakes to give this some bite.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a large skillet or stir-fry pan. Add ginger, and garlic; cook, stirring.
- constantly, just until fragrant.
- Toss in sliced mushrooms and cook several minutes or until mushrooms soften and start to brown.
- Drizzle in the soy sauce and seasme oil, stirring until most of liquid evaporates off.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
needed some tasty mushrooms to lift a sad chicken stir fry :) these were great! I did add a half cup of water and let them cook a little longer, as I wanted them softer. Used whole baby button mushrooms.
Super easy is right! I made these mushrooms just as written except I halved the amount of the peanut oil. This makes a great easy side for an Asian-themed meal. Thanx for posting this!
I tagged this recipe because DH loves mushrooms and I enjoyed them too. The ginger and garlic smells wonderful and I did add another tablespoon of soy sauce for our taste. Very simple to make and tasty! Served on top of Julie B' Hives Chinese Chicken Spaghetti. Would definitely make these again. Thank you Lorie for posting this recipe.