Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This doesn't taste like pepper steak one might find from chinese take-out. It has a great flavor, texture and actually sticks with you. Family favorite, really posting so that I don't have to call mom anymore for recipe! Enjoy..
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup bell pepper, cut 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb round steak, cubed
- salt and pepper
- Sear meat with salt and pepper in oil.
- Once meat is cooked, add flour and mix. Mixture will look pasty.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to let stick.
- Serve over cooked white rice with green peas as side.
Husband loved this! I added garlic powder and used cubed venison instead. Doubled the recipe too. I think I put too much salt on the meat. I used low sodium soy sauce and it was a bit too salty, but still good. Definitely a keeper!