Recipe by *Kristi*
I actually got this recipe in a package of Perdue chicken. Its definately the easiest chicken parm recipe I've tried. It's both unique and very tasty.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This was very good, so different from the usual breaded and fried chicken parmesan. I used chicken tenders and a 1.6 ounce packet of Knorr herb with garlic sauce mix. I served this over angel hair pasta to soak up all the flavorful juices.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, thin sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope herb with garlic soup mix
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In 13x9 casserole or baking dish, spread out chicken breasts and arrange tomatoes around them. Use edge of spoon to break tomatoes up into smaller chunks.
- In medium sized bowl, mix together water, butter, and soup mix. Once mixed well, pour over chicken and tomatoes and bake for 25 minutes at 350°F.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese over chicken and bake for an additional 5 minutes or so, until cheese is melted.