Recipe by Dancer^
Make ahead a freeze, great to have on hand for weekdays. Or for a busy weekend. I usually make 2 freeze one.
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 14 uncooked manicotti
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (30 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, any variety
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread about 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce in ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on chicken.
- Insert chicken into uncooked manicotti shells, stuffing from each end of shell to fill if necessary.
- Place shells on spaghetti sauce in dish.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over shells, covering completely.
- Sprinkle with olives and cheese. STOP HERE.
- TO STORE IN REFRIGERATOR: Cover unbaked manicotti tightly with aluminum foil.
- and refrigerate no longer than 24 hours.
- TO STORE IN FREEZER: Wrap unbaked manicotti tightly with aluminum foil and label.
- Freeze no longer than 1 month.
- TO COOK FROM REFRIGERATOR: About 1 hour before serving, heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake in covered baking dish about 1 hour, or until shells are tender.
- TO COOK FROM FREEZER: About 1 1/2 hours before serving, heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake in covered baking dish about 1 1/2 hours or until shells are tender.