Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Make ahead a freeze, great to have on hand for weekdays. Or for a busy weekend. I usually make 2 freeze one.
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 14 uncooked manicotti
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (30 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, any variety
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spread about 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce in ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on chicken.
- Insert chicken into uncooked manicotti shells, stuffing from each end of shell to fill if necessary.
- Place shells on spaghetti sauce in dish.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over shells, covering completely.
- Sprinkle with olives and cheese. STOP HERE.
- TO STORE IN REFRIGERATOR: Cover unbaked manicotti tightly with aluminum foil.
- and refrigerate no longer than 24 hours.
- TO STORE IN FREEZER: Wrap unbaked manicotti tightly with aluminum foil and label.
- Freeze no longer than 1 month.
- TO COOK FROM REFRIGERATOR: About 1 hour before serving, heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake in covered baking dish about 1 hour, or until shells are tender.
- TO COOK FROM FREEZER: About 1 1/2 hours before serving, heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake in covered baking dish about 1 1/2 hours or until shells are tender.
I have made this twice now and we loved it both times! Sorry I forgot to rate it before. How can something so easy tatse so good. Thanks for the wonderful recipe
The monsters really enjoyed this. They've asked for it to be added to the rotation, and since it is so easy to put together, I'm fine with that!
I made this as stated, with our favorite spaghetti sauce, and I loved it! I also had to cook it a little longer for the chicken to be done, but I had frozen mine for OAMC and don't know if it was quite all the way thawed when I put it in the oven. As simple as this was to put together, I was really impressed with it. Thanks for a great recipe I will be using again!