Recipe by FLKeysJen
Although I've never met her, Cynthia in Atlanta sent this to me via an e-mail recipe exchange - something like a chain letter where you're forced to reveal one of your all-time favorite recipes or some horrible evil thing will happen to you. She said: "I make this on nights when I’m working and tired but want something a little more sophisticated than hot dogs." It was really good! My boyfriend had no idea it was just cream cheese inside. He thought I had spent lots of time making a special filling. Next time I may try one of the cream cheeses they sell with flavoring already in it, like herb or sun dried tomato.
Top Review by 8-BALL GIRL
I was in such a hurry the other night making these that I totally forgot the italian seasoning. They were good. BUt I bet it's even better with the seasonings. Thanks for posting.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 portabella mushroom, sliced in large pieces
- 8 ounces refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 6 tablespoons italian seasoning (the parmesan or sun dried tomato bread dipping seasonings are good)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut chicken breasts in half. Spread a layer of cream cheese on the chicken breast, then sprinkle the seasoning on top. Cover with mushrooms.
- Leave croissants in a rectangle (2 croissants) and press together so it won’t separate. Roll it over the top of the chicken and wrap under as far as possible.
- Bake on a cookie sheet until golden brown and chicken is done through.