Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
You cant get much easier than this. I was craving chicken curry one day and couldnt find anything that was easy enough for me. Also, it seemed like i was always missing atleast one ingredient in every recipe i could find. This recipe is easy to adjust. I add more peas n carrots if i need more veggies for the day. This is alot better the next day. Pour in some more chicken broth or water and heat in up in the skillet to bring it back to life. :)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or enough to coat the skillet you're using) or 2 tablespoons margarine (or enough to coat the skillet you're using) or 2 tablespoons oil (or enough to coat the skillet you're using)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup fresh carrot, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons flour (i just eyeball it)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (yellow)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Brown off chicken breast with butter, set aside. Once the chicken cools off, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook the onion down until it is translucent, using the same pan you cooked the chicken inches
- Add carrots and cook until softened.
- Add all of your spices and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add flour and scrape the bottom of the pan, like you're making a rue for a gravy.
- Add the whole can of chicken broth, slowly. Return the chicken back into the pan.
- Stir and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and cream and simmer for another 5 minutes or so, until peas are fully cooked.
- Serve with rice! Sometimes i even mix the rice in just before i eat. Im gonna mix it on my plate anyway! :).
This is super easy! Very tasty. I cut back on the spices because we don't like very spicy food. Turned out great! Made for PAC Fall 2009.