Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe I found on the back of a Campbells soup can years ago and have made this recipe many, many times and it is without a doubt a family favorite. Simple, quick and very tasty. Definately a meal to make if your pressed for time( I can usually get it on the table in under an hour from start to finish). In order to make this in a timely fashion, only use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins. I think these cook up more tender and quicker than breasts with the bone still in. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 ounces Stove Top low-sodium chicken stuffing mix
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, to fry the chicken in. add more throughout cooking process if needed
- salt and pepper
- On your stove top, melt butter in frying pan and cook chicken breasts until done.Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking combine soup and milk in a bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- In the same frying pan (just clean it out a bit) prepare the chicken stuffing according to package directions.
- Once the stuffing is done, place chicken breasts on top of the stuffing that is still in the frying pan. Pour soup mixture over the chicken and sprinkle the cheese over the soup. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium low heat. Not to high or the stuffing will burn. Meal is ready when all the cheese is melted and the soup is hot and bubbly.