1/1 Photo of Super Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
When you don't have a lot of time or money. I made this for my family for around a dollar per serving. If the only Mexican food your kids will touch is cheese quesadillas (cheese melted on a tortilla), give this a try as a "step up". My picky picky DD was okay with cheese enchiladas when we told her it was cheese in a tortilla with a sauce on top. Now she has been known to eat spinach enchiladas and chicken enchiladas! :) She gave this recipe two thumbs up. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml shredded cheese (whatever floats your boat, I used a preshredded Colby or Monterey Jack blend)
- 85.04 g cream cheese, softened
- 4.92-9.85 ml garlic powder
- 4.92-9.85 ml instant minced onion (or a smidge of grated fresh)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 425.24 g enchilada sauce
- 118.29 ml more shredded cheese
- 1First, you want to mix the first four ingredients together until they are really well combined. Seriously, you will not see any little shreds of cheese and it will have the texture of stiff play dough (this is important).
- 2Preheat your oven to 350 and grab a pan. I used an 11x7 inch oval baking dish, but you can also use an 8inch square.
- 3Pour about 1/4 of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the pan and swirl the pan until the bottom is coated.
- 4Reach in with your clean hands and grab about 2 tablespoons of cheese mixture in your hands and shape into a log. Roll a tortilla around this log and place in the pan. Repeat for the rest of the cheese and tortillas.
- 5Pour the rest of the sauce on top, spreading it to cover.
- 6Sprinkle the last 1/2 cup of cheese on top, and place in the oven. Bake 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 7For OAMC: Freeze before cooking, thaw in refrigerator and bake according to directions.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.9
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 1698.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 20.3 g