Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are Tex Mex style.
- 2 lbs extra-sharp cheddar cheese, cut into twelve equal portions
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can chili without beans
- Quickly cook tortillas in hot oil until softened. Drain well on paper towels. Set aside.
- Saute onion in oil until limp. Drain.
- Place one stick of cheese and some onion onto each tortilla. Roll up. Place seam side down in lightly greased casserole.
- Combine enchilada sauce and chili in a medium bowl. Pour over tortillas.
- Bake at 375 until done (20-40 minutes).
I made these tonight, but did something a little different, I greased the pan added the sauce on bottom of pan and then added the ones chili to the enchiladas sauce but warmed the sauce up and poured the remaining over the enchiladas was wonder just added more spice to sauce as well
I made these exactly as written, except for nuking the tortillas in a wet towel, instead of frying them. We enjoyed then, and they were extremely easy, as enchiladas go! Thanks!
These are very good. And easy. I keep everything on hand to make them.