Recipe by BachFromTheDead
This is an easy couscous recipe, good with chicken skewers and mixed veggies. Note: Feel free to swap out the veggies for a vegetable of your choice; broccoli, asparagus, onion, or mushrooms would probably work well too. Also, feel free to add some grilled chicken for a complete meal!
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice and prepare all of the veggies/garlic and set aside in med. bowl.
- Measure out the couscous and pour in a lg. bowl, toss with salt and onion powder. Set aside.
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil in a small saucepan; once boiling pour the vegetable broth over the uncooked couscous, cover with a lid and set a timer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a lg. cast-iron pan and drizzle lightly with olive oil; once the pan is very hot add all of the veegies and the minced garlic. Leave the veggies on their side for 1-3 minutes until slightly charred and crisp. Flip to the other side and cook until slightly tender; but still crisp.
- Uncover the couscous and toss in the cooked veggies, fluff with a fork. Serve.