Recipe by Andtototoo!
This is easy to make! I got the idea for this from a potato soup recipe that I recently reviewed that was excellent!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 2 heads broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 2⁄3 ounces country gravy mix
- garlic powder, as needed
- salt, as needed
- ground black pepper, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven or other large vessel, put the diced onion, celery ribs - I like to peel the stringy stuff off the back of each rib before mincing (the celery is optional), and the broccoli florets.
- Add water to cover. Bring water to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium and cook for about 30 minutes until the onion is very tender.
- Take one packet of country gravy mix (the white kind of gravy) and put it into a smallish mixing bowl. Add 1/3 - 1/2 cup water and stir until the lumps are gone and you have a very thick gravy.
- Stir the gravy into the soup and mix well. If the soup is still too runny, repeat with one more packet of country gravy mix.
- Add garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper as needed, a little at a time.
- If the soup is too thick, add a little cream, half-and-half or milk.