This is easy to make! I got the idea for this from a potato soup recipe that I recently reviewed that was excellent!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a dutch oven or other large vessel, put the diced onion, celery ribs - I like to peel the stringy stuff off the back of each rib before mincing (the celery is optional), and the broccoli florets.
- 2Add water to cover. Bring water to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium and cook for about 30 minutes until the onion is very tender.
- 3Take one packet of country gravy mix (the white kind of gravy) and put it into a smallish mixing bowl. Add 1/3 - 1/2 cup water and stir until the lumps are gone and you have a very thick gravy.
- 4Stir the gravy into the soup and mix well. If the soup is still too runny, repeat with one more packet of country gravy mix.
- 5Add garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper as needed, a little at a time.
- 6If the soup is too thick, add a little cream, half-and-half or milk.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 479.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g