Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
I wanted something different and didn't have a lot of time...this is sooo easy with a box cake mix! vanilla pudding and canned frosting...enjoy note: prep time includes cooling and chilling time.
- 1 golden vanilla cake mix, prepared as directed
- 3 1⁄2 ounces French vanilla pudding mix, prepared as directed
- 1 (16 ounce) can milk chocolate frosting
- Prepare cake mix as directed.
- Put in 2 9 inch cake pans.
- While cake is baking prepare pudding as directed. Chill immediately.
- When cake is completely cooled, this is important, and pudding is set, transfer to serving plate, poke holes in the bottom layer of the cake.
- Spread all of the pudding on the bottom layer. Do not allow the pudding to run down the sides. It will melt when frosting is added.
- Place top layer on.
- Heat frosting in microwave approx 30 secs. stir, heat again until it runs off of spoon, but not steaming, you do not want this too hot.
- Starting in the center of the cake, pour in a circular motion to cover the top of the cake. spread around to cover tope of cake. as frosting cools it will firm up. Once the top is covered, drizze remaining frosting on the outer part of the cake to allow some to slide down the sides.
- Cool approximately 1 hour, serve.