Recipe by Tornado Ali
This tastes too delicious to be nearly fat-free, but it is! Warms and fills you up nicely.
Top Review by KH1107
This recipe is very close to the one I use. I had been looking for the recipe in a scaleable format so that I can make it for a crow. Now I know what to buy at the market.
I make my own veggie broth in place of the canned broth. I just saute some onion & garlic or onion, bell pepper, celery mix (whatever's in the fridge or freezer) in olive oil and add some chile powder and add water to make the broth, then stir in the salsa and canned beans.
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together beans, salsa, consomme, water and cumin in large stock pot.
- Puree 1/3 of bean mixture in blender, add bean puree back into pot.
- Add diced green chilies to pot.
- Cook over medium high heat till boiling; turn heat down and simmer, covered, for ten minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.