Recipe by Amy_*_
I combined a couple of recipes to create this one. It is super easy. The whole family will love it. You can use a bigger roast just adjust cooking time. Creating a whole meal in one pan, easy clean up!
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I made this in my crock pot instead of the oven. I followed the recipe other then I used beef broth in place of the water and the red wine. Smelled so good when I got home. This cooked in my crock pot in six hours. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
- 4 lbs beef roast
- 1 (8 ounce) package Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- salt and pepper
- 4 -6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in roasting pan
- Add soup mix, water, wine, salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid or foil.
- Roast in oven at 350°F for approximately 3 hours.
- Baste meat every 30 minutes to keep meat moist.
- After 2 hours add potatoes and carrots.
- Cover with lid or foil again. Do not baste meat during this last hour.
- When done remove from oven but keep covered for 10-15 minutes
- Remove meat, potatoes, and carrots from pan.
- For a thicker sauce place roaster on stove top and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes or until desired thickness. No need to add flour or water.
- Slice meat and serve with potatoes, carrots and sauce (gravy).