Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this recipe from a single male college student who didn't know how to cook at all, and who surprisingly made this gourmet-tasting meal one night. As is the recipe fills a 13x9 inch pan, but it is easily cut down for fewer servings. It cooks for a long time, so inexpensive low-quality meat works well. It could also be cooked in a crock pot.
- 3 lbs stewing beef
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes.
- Grease 13x9 inch pan with nonstick spray; mix all ingredients together in pan.
- Cover with foil. Bake 3 hours at 300°F
- Serve over egg noodles.