Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is always delicious, and so very simple!
- 6 -10 lbs beef brisket (absolutely NOT corned beef!)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, any variety
- Top a cookie sheet with a long length of heavy duty foil.
- Place brisket fat side down in the middle of the foil.
- Sprinkle brisket with soup mix, then top with BBQ sauce.
- Fold aluminum foil over brisket and fold closed, then seal ends tightly.
- Bake in 275 degree oven for five hours.
- There is no need to baste, turn or check on the brisket.
- Remove from oven and allow meat to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
The best! We love it!