Recipe by nranger7
Another quick easy meal to make for lunch when I was working 2 jobs. I cut out the original recipe from the newspaper, but I made it even simpler. I use frozen broccoli instead of fresh. I don't like crispy stir fry broccoli so I prefer throwing the broccoli in with the rice while it boils. I also buy pre-cut meat instead of cutting up a steak. I often don't have soy sauce on hand which is why I listed it as optional.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb pre-cut stir-fry beef
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets (approx 7 oz.)
- 1 medium chopped onions or 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Brown meat.
- If using fresh onion and/or garlic, add to the meat while browning.
- Boil rice and broccoli in water.
- When meat is cooked, add gravy and soy (plus garlic powder and/or dried onion if used instead of fresh).
- Heat through.