Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Another parent/kid pleaser sure to win a sweet smile in the middle of a hot summertime day. Only give these popsicles to age appropriate children as they do pose a choking hazard for wee ones. Great way to use bananas that are too ripe to eat but not black. Can use perfectly ripe bananas too. Cook time is freeze time and is a guess-ti-mate.
- 1 banana, cut in half (not lengthwise)
- 2 wooden popsicle sticks
- Cut bananas in half (not lengthwise).
- Push a popsicle stick in one end of the banana, making sure it doesn't poke out the side when you do.
- Wrap each half in saran wrap or non-stick foil and put in plastic ziplock bag.
- Freeze until solid.
- Unwrap and give to a happy kid (or a parent looking to find something to ease that sweet tooth).
- These can be dipped in Peanut butter and coated with wheat germ or chopped nuts -- can also be used for fondue -- just use your imagination!
- 1 banana= 2 popsicles.
After reading this recipe, especially the coating the banana in chocolate & nuts reminded me of the "Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas" at Kings Island. They were YUMMY! Me & my son will be making these. Thanks for the post. Marla