Recipe by AcadiaTwo
My daughter taught me to cook bacon with no splatter or mess on the stove top, by baking it instead. I use a 10"x15" jelly roll pan or the bottom of a broiling pan. I buy parchment paper for baking in rolls in bulk online, but you can get it at the supermarket or any cooking supply store. I bake 3 pounds of bacon at a time and freeze it in individual servings.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 10"x15" jelly roll pan with parchment paper for cooking/baking.
- Place 8 slices of bacon across the short side of the jelly roll pan flat on top of the parchment paper.
- When the oven comes up to temperature, place the pan with the bacon on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- When the 15 minutes is up, check the bacon.
- We like our bacon limp, but if you like it crispy, add more time, rechecking it every 1-2 minutes for desired doneness.
- Remove finished bacon to paper towels or brown paper and blot excess grease off bacon with paper towels.
- Drain bacon grease into a can.
- Repeat process until entire 3-pounds of bacon is cooked.
- Freeze in portion sized bags.