1/6 Photos of Super Easy: Baking Bacon
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My daughter taught me to cook bacon with no splatter or mess on the stove top, by baking it instead. I use a 10"x15" jelly roll pan or the bottom of a broiling pan. I buy parchment paper for baking in rolls in bulk online, but you can get it at the supermarket or any cooking supply store. I bake 3 pounds of bacon at a time and freeze it in individual servings.
My Private Note
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Line a 10"x15" jelly roll pan with parchment paper for cooking/baking.
- 3Place 8 slices of bacon across the short side of the jelly roll pan flat on top of the parchment paper.
- 4When the oven comes up to temperature, place the pan with the bacon on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- 5When the 15 minutes is up, check the bacon.
- 6We like our bacon limp, but if you like it crispy, add more time, rechecking it every 1-2 minutes for desired doneness.
- 7Remove finished bacon to paper towels or brown paper and blot excess grease off bacon with paper towels.
- 8Drain bacon grease into a can.
- 9Repeat process until entire 3-pounds of bacon is cooked.
- 10Freeze in portion sized bags.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy: Baking Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1038.7
- Calories from Fat 919
- Total Fat 102.1 g
- Saturated Fat 34.0 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 1889.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 26.3 g