Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are fantastically tasty and so easy! They look and taste great! Excellent as an appetizer.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 bocconcini, baby mozzarella cheese, also known as boconncini, each piece sliced into 3 pieces
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- Defrost the puff pastry, and cut into 16 squares.
- Cook in moderate oven for 10 minutes so that the pastry is slightly golden and starting to puff.
- On each square, place a bocconini slice, followed by a cherry tomato (flat size down) and a small blob of pesto.
- Put back into oven and cook a further 10 minutes until the boconncini have started to melt.
- Serve immediately.
Great recipe. It was soooo tasty and delicious. Thanks for posting.
Very easy to put together and made for a great little afternoon snack. The only thing I would suggest it that you press the bocconcini and tomatoe into the pastry a little before topping with the pesto as this will help prevent the tomotoe, cheese and pesto fall off during the second bake, noticed that the ones I had pushed in didn't slide of the pastry. Baked at 175C fan forced oven and the baking times were perfect. Thank you amanda 1 b, made for PAC.