A really easy to make breakfast treat. Made these for my kids today and they were so delicious that they begged me to make more and more.
- Heat oil (about an inch) to 375 degrees Fahrenheit in skillet.
- Put granulated sugar and cinnamon in a quart or gallon size plastic bag. Shake to mix then set aside to sugar the fried doughnuts.
- Put the powdered sugar in a separate quart or gallon plastic bag and then set aside to use to sugar the fried doughnuts.
- Open the tube of biscuits and separate each one, then poke a hole in the center of each with your finger and then carefully stretch it open some.
- Place each piece in the hot oil and fry until puffy and golden brown (about 2-3 minutes).
- Turn with a fork and fry the other side until golden (another 2-3 minutes). Lift out and drain on paper towels.
- Promptly shake them, one by one, in the cinnamon sugar and then in the powdered sugar.
- (The cinnamon may be omitted if desired or you may frost the doughnuts with icing instead).