Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A really easy to make breakfast treat. Made these for my kids today and they were so delicious that they begged me to make more and more.
- 10 count package refrigerated biscuits (cheap kind works best)
- oil (for deep frying)
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- Heat oil (about an inch) to 375 degrees Fahrenheit in skillet.
- Put granulated sugar and cinnamon in a quart or gallon size plastic bag. Shake to mix then set aside to sugar the fried doughnuts.
- Put the powdered sugar in a separate quart or gallon plastic bag and then set aside to use to sugar the fried doughnuts.
- Open the tube of biscuits and separate each one, then poke a hole in the center of each with your finger and then carefully stretch it open some.
- Place each piece in the hot oil and fry until puffy and golden brown (about 2-3 minutes).
- Turn with a fork and fry the other side until golden (another 2-3 minutes). Lift out and drain on paper towels.
- Promptly shake them, one by one, in the cinnamon sugar and then in the powdered sugar.
- (The cinnamon may be omitted if desired or you may frost the doughnuts with icing instead).
Delicious! I made them into hearts for a sort of Valentine day thing, and they not only looked cute, but tasted great! I did find that after the first couple my oil was hot enough that they cooked super fast. So some of them got a little dark, but still tasted good. I opted only for the sugar on top and then drizzled some cherry syrup ( Easy Jello Syrups ) over the top.
This is the way we made them growing up! With powdered sugar, they are great!!