Recipe by Lois
A really easy to make breakfast treat. Made these for my kids today and they were so delicious that they begged me to make more and more.
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
Delicious! I made them into hearts for a sort of Valentine day thing, and they not only looked cute, but tasted great! I did find that after the first couple my oil was hot enough that they cooked super fast. So some of them got a little dark, but still tasted good. I opted only for the sugar on top and then drizzled some cherry syrup ( Recipe#23541 ) over the top.
- 1 (10 count) package refrigerated biscuits (cheap kind works best)
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil (about an inch) to 375 degrees Fahrenheit in skillet.
- Put granulated sugar and cinnamon in a quart or gallon size plastic bag. Shake to mix then set aside to sugar the fried doughnuts.
- Put the powdered sugar in a separate quart or gallon plastic bag and then set aside to use to sugar the fried doughnuts.
- Open the tube of biscuits and separate each one, then poke a hole in the center of each with your finger and then carefully stretch it open some.
- Place each piece in the hot oil and fry until puffy and golden brown (about 2-3 minutes).
- Turn with a fork and fry the other side until golden (another 2-3 minutes). Lift out and drain on paper towels.
- Promptly shake them, one by one, in the cinnamon sugar and then in the powdered sugar.
- (The cinnamon may be omitted if desired or you may frost the doughnuts with icing instead).