Recipe by FLKeysJen
My sister Shawn is famous for these enchiladas, and her husband Rob makes the killer margaritas to match. My husband and I like them with Sangria. It's the ideal entree for dinner guests because it can be completely prepared in advance. You can substitute whatever meat you have...ground chicken or turkey, steak, shredded pork, Krab, etc. as well as any creamed soups. I was even out of sour cream and substituted fat free cottage cheese which worked fine. Be creative and please share your ideas here!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 4 cups cheese, shredded (whatever kind you like, I usually used a reduced fat Mexican blend inside and pepper jack for the to)
- 1 (4 -8 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package light sour cream
- 8 -10 flour tortillas
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (HOT is best!)
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (Paul Prudhomme's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken with poultry seasoning.
- Cool completely.
- Shred chicken in food processor. (Steps #1-3 can be done the day before assembling enchiladas.).
- Saute onion in a saucepan.
- Add chicken, 1/2 of the green chilis and taco seasoning and cook for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add two cups cheese.
- Prepare sauce in a medium bowl: combine soup, sour cream and the other half can of green chilis.
- In a 9 x 13 pan, place 1 cup of sauce.
- Place 1/8 to 1/10 of chicken mixture in each flour tortilla and roll up and place in pan with seams down.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle top with remaining two cups cheese. (Steps #1-10 can all be done in advance and keep pan in refrigerator ready to cook.).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20–25 minutes.