Recipe by The Range Rover
This a really easy stroganoff to make and its so tasty.
Top Review by Theorox
Very nice recipie. I used left-over roast beef instead of steaks. The 5 and a half hour cooking time is a misprint. It should be 1 and a half hours. Very easy recipie to make while you are busy doing something else.
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- hot cooked egg noodles
- garnish chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the steak into 2 1/2 inch strips.
- Coat the steak with flour and brown the meat in batches in the butter in a large skillet stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, pepper, water, and cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until the meat is almost tender stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the soup and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Stir in the sour cream and milk cook until heated through.
- Serve over the hot noodles.