Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is the easiest, quickest, tastiest 3 Bean Salad that I've ever made. I take it to many potlucks and family dinners and everyone seems to love it (I never have any left in the bowl when I get ready to leave) Cook time is refrigeration time BEFORE serving.
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Italian dressing (I use Newman's)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Place beans in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Toss, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
Really yummy! I would put less dressing in (perhaps only half a cup), as mine was pretty soupy even after sitting all night. Was a big hit!
Good, basic bean salad recipe. The colors of the yellow pepper and the slightly purple-black color of the beans made a great color combo. The balsamic helped to add some zip. Like Roxygirl, I served it immediately and it was fine. Good for your next cookout.
This was really good and I think the cannellini beans really added to the texture, making it creamy without any chilling (I served it five min. after making but the flavors were melded, etc). I used Kraft Zesty Italian. This would be great for a pot luck/picnic since it doesn't need refrig. Thanks Sherrybeth, for posting. Roxygirl