Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is super good and easy for those busy nights. From Family Circle magazine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb sweet bell pepper, sliced (1/4 inch wide)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (10 ounce) cans prepared pizza crust
- 1 (16 ounce) jar medium hot salsa
- 3 cups taco cheese, shredded
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 3 large scallions, sliced
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Coat 13x9x2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Add the sweet peppers, ground beef and garlic salt; cook, stirring to break up clumps of beef, until the peppers are softened and beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully drain off any excess fat from the skillet.
- Remove the pizza dough from the tubes.
- Cut the dough crosswise into 1/2 inch slices, then cut each slice into 4 pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together the dough pieces and salsa.
- Add the cooked meat mixture, 2 cups of the cheese, and the olives.
- Scrap mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the scallions evenly over the top.
- Bake another 5 minutes.
Good and very filling. Would be a nice choice for a pot luck or hungry teenagers. Easy to put together, too. Thanks, Loves2Teach, for sharing your recipe!